prospect park Association (PPA)
If you are looking for a way to have a hand in what's happening around here, join us!
Our mission is to promote, in a non-partisan, educational and cooperative manner, the health, safety and general welfare of the neighborhood and to promote the maintenance and improvement of the aesthetic, residential and physical qualities of the neighborhood environment.
Prospect Park Association (PPA)
- Founded in 1901—the earliest neighborhood association in Minneapolis
- City-recognized voice of Prospect Park
What we are:
- Non-profit neighborhood association (incorporated 1980)
- Committees, task groups, and a board of directors with monthly meetings.
What we do:
- Work with other organizations (City, County, MNDOT, etc.) to shape our neighborhood
- Host regular community programs (public safety, local businesses, neighborhood events, etc.)
- Sponsor an Annual Meeting for whole neighborhood
- Preserved Prospect Park's hill as Tower Hill Park (1900s)
- Guided routing of I-94 freeway (1960s)
- Maintained neighborhood school (1970s)
- Managed our Neighborhood Revitalization Program funds (1990s-2000s)
- Advocated for balanced freeway sound wall construction (2010s)
Who can join:
- Anyone who lives in Prospect Park
- A person representing a business or organization located in Prospect Park