prospect park association (ppa) committees, Task Groups & Delegates
All of our successes are due to the efforts of our volunteers working together in these various groups. Contact us for information on how to participate!
- Long-term working groups.
- Committee chairs are nominated by the president & approved by the Board.
- Most meet year-round, others are seasonal.
- Any resident of Prospect Park neighborhood may be a member and serve on a committee. There is no term limit for serving on a committee.
- Neighborhood Relations & Outreach (NROC) (Association Communications, Outreach & Membership, Equity & Diversity, Livability)
- Land Use & Planning (Zoning & Development; Project Review)
- Transportation & Safety (Walkability, Bikeability, Multi-Modal Transit, Traffic & Parking, Crime & Public Safety)
- Livability (Housing, Arts, Culture, Education, Equity & Diversity, Seniors--combined with NROC, 2019)
- Environment (Community Gardens, Healthy Living, Parks, River Gorge, Tower)
- Admin & Finance (Budget, Accounting, and Funding)
- Nominations (Annual PPA election planning)
- Management Council (Board officer agenda setting)
- Temporary working groups that report to a particular committee. Examples of task groups:
- Neighborhood Clean-up (re-occurs seasonally)
- Home Tour
- Summer Concerts
- Identity & Branding
- I-94 Sound Wall
Outside organizations frequently request a delegate to represent PPA in their meetings. PPA delegates are nominated by the president & approved by the Board.
Report to the Board via the Management Council.
Organizations with PPA delegates:
For contact information for any committee chair, task group leader, or delegate, please contact us.
Read the PPA Committee and Inventory Plan, January 23, 2017.