ppa Neighborhood Relations & Outreach committee (NROC)
Committee chair is Brendan LaFrenchi.
The Neighborhood Relations and Outreach Committee, begun in 2009, addresses the communication and coordination of information for neighborhood residents: the website, social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, the monthly newsletter, the welcoming packet for new residents, etc., as well as encouraging PPA membership and attendance in PPA official and sponsored events. In 2019, the Livability Committee was merged into NROC.
The 2017 NRO Committee Charge
Mission: To inform and encourage involvement by residents of the Prospect Park (PP) in the enhancement and maintenance of the community’s quality of life through individual involvement and participation in the Prospect Park Association (PPA).
• To inform residents of PP about events, issues, developments, and opportunities related to PP and its relationship to the city of Minneapolis.
• To communicate about the role, challenges, accomplishments and opportunities to participate in PPA and the PP neighborhood.
• To attract and maintain membership in PPA.
• To foster collaboration and involvement of all residents of PP.
• Carry out the mission and goals of the committee and PPA
• Annually prepare a set of objectives for the committee’s work over the coming PPA fiscal year and submit them to the PPA Board for approval.
• Based on the annual objectives, prepare a budget request to support proposed committee objectives
• Submit, in a timely manner, minutes of each meeting to the PPA Board through the PPA Management Council
Monthly meetings are held typically on the 3rd Thursday of the month in the PPA office conference room.